Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,268   Online: 805

NW Wisconsin hard by the shore of Lake Superior
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Stuck film advance on Contax RTS

Hi everybody, My cousin lent me his RTS for as long as I want as long as I repair the stuck film advance. Everything else seems to be ok as far as I can tell. Is this a complicated repair, is there a manual that would guide me? Or should I drop it off at a shop???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Considering the camera I would opt for the Shop. Most times I'm succesful operating on cameras but sometimes I actually wise up.
    The cost of repair may be a bit much though.

Assuming you are at least as curious as I, pull the bottom cover & check for loose screws around the wind spool etc. Occaisionaly I've found either a binding lever or (heaven forbid) a little lost screw jamming up the works.

The hardest part about repairing something like this may just be getting the top cover off. It's been way to long since I've worked on that model to even suggest where to begin.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin