Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,684   Online: 1162

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jim,

On Ebay, this morning, the following is listed. It may be helpful to you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-X-10-DEARDORFF...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Aggie,

Have you been taking "smithy" classes down there in southern Utah? Your not making armor, are you?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Naw spent 3 years taking metal smithing classes at the appalacian Craft center in Tn. It is the art center connected with TN Tech University. Then in SF CA, I went through the Revere Acedemy of Jewelry arts and got certifed as a bench jeweler. A girl has to have a good source of diamonds, and I hate paying retail.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the replies. I requested info on a couple of metal working forums and have been told that 301 stainless is a hardened, tempered stainless specifically made for use as springs and items such as metal spatulas and pastry tools. It requires no additional treating for cutting or machining but does require a pretty specific process of heating and cooling to be formed or bent and then retain its qualities as a spring.

It can be cut on an abrasive water jet or stamped. For aerospace applications water jet is the required method as it introduces no heat into the metal and causes no fatigue at the edges as does stamping.

I will probably be ordering a 24"x24" sheet of .047" (9 gauge I believe). So if anyone needs such a material in the future for some reason let me know and I can have some cut for you.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    could it be a graphic view, similar to this one?

graphic view auction

erie

Well - I actually have a little bit of experience in this. The first 4x5 I ever shot with (about 1984) was borrowed from a neighbour. It was a compact-ish monorail with a triangular x-section rail and red bellows (anybody wanna help out on what this might have been??)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin