Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,718   Online: 873

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Have anyone tried these people for parts?

I saw this over at Slashdot, a online machine shop that manufacture to order.

http://www.emachineshop.com/

I live outside of the US and I use a mac so I won't be able to use their service, but it would be interesting to see what new possibilities they can open up to what we do.

Would be nice to see if they are anygood for precision parts like helicals.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster
    I saw this over at Slashdot, a online machine shop that manufacture to order.

http://www.emachineshop.com/

I live outside of the US and I use a mac so I won't be able to use their service, but it would be interesting to see what new possibilities they can open up to what we do.

Ask me again in a couple of months. I will be creating parts drawings using their cad software and submitting the drawings to have parts made soon. I'll post photographs of the results when I get the pieces back

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I put in a flat piece with a slot in it and got an estimate of $500.00. Then I changed the parameters to include powder coating and finishing and got nothing but errors in size, machine type etc. At first it looked great but when I got specific it got fussy. I had to choose thin stainless steel or aluminum of specific type and no brass, which was what I was looking for.

For a complex item great, for simple ones, do it yourself. Consider buying equipment. I hate to have to conform to the machine when I know the item or part is what I need and will work.

I am accomplished in DesignCad and Autocad.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster
    Are you sure you need something custom? I mean - something more custom than what is readily available is going to cost more and might end up not being what you want. Would it be a lot different from say this:

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...productID=1967

Other compnaies of course make similar things.

Shooter
    Multi Format

.........people for parts?

There is something about that headline that makes me think about an old film.
    I think it was "The Ambulance". It was about people being kidnapped and used as donors.
    Cheers Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I should have included this earlier, the thread from slashdot, some guy made a list of all the different places one can get custom made parts.

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/.../2054200.shtml

I am thinking the possibility of converting a spotmatic into an RF, with custom made chassis and everything. Doubt I will ever make this thing, but it is nice to dream. I have heard some guy in Hong Kong had modified a spotmatic to have a Rollei lens mount and Fuji ST901 prism! Apprantly the craftsman had made a few in the early 80s.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Please call me John. You wouldn't be using my plans to make cameras would you?

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount
    Ask me again in a couple of months. I will be creating parts drawings using their cad software and submitting the drawings to have parts made soon. I'll post photographs of the results when I get the pieces back
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Because I am certain I can provide you with parts for much less than you can have them made elsewhere. We are meeting at my house Sunday if you would like to attend you are more than welcome.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin