Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,490   Posts: 1,542,946   Online: 889

Shooter
    Large Format Pan

Knurled Knob supplier

I'm not sure if this supplier has been cited before but you can check this site for knurled knobs:

http://www.carrlane.com/

They maybe kind of pricey but could be a source for one up cameras. CAD drawings are supplied for some parts.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link, Don. I haven't checked their prices, but they appear to have an extensive line of useful parts. Bookmark added.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I also supply knurled knobs of my own design or yours. I am cheaper than Carr Lane and can provide exactly what you want from brass or aluminum. Most knob orders take a couple of days from the time I receive the order until they ship.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    where would one get off the shelf knobs, say generic with plastic knobs and brass or steel threads?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    where would one get off the shelf knobs, say generic with plastic knobs and brass or steel threads?
    Most good hardware stores carry a line of generic knobs of various configurations with male and female threads and various size threads. The ones that I am addressing have phenolic knobs. Ace is the Place...your helpful hardware store...good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've borrowed spare plastic knobs from the folder at work, metric treaded. These are commonly sold by bindery and finishing equipment suppliers. It was a perfect fit on my Shen Hao.

Heres one supplier I found Googling:
    http://www.swmanufacturing.com/sub/knurled_msstud.asp
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin