Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,698   Online: 791

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We're almost there.

Since I currently only have the Repromaster 213mm, I decided to make a bag bellows.
    Did you ever see a bag bellows on a 7x17? Well, this may be the first time. The aesthetics are not perfect, but at least it is functional and allows for the full 2" front rise and 1" front fall that is available with a lens this short.
    As I expand my collection of lenses in the near/far future, a folding bellows will have to be made.

@noseoil: the drawer guides are stable, especially with the weight of the back frame and front box with lens. No problem found!

I also worked on the locking mechanism for the extention rails but those are not finished yet.
    The front box is temporary as I am still awaiting the curtain shutter I won in fleabay some weeks ago.

The camera features 65 degr. front tilt and 35 degr. back tilt but all will be limited by the bellows.
    With almost everyting in place, the old Gitzo R2 head is still rock solid. Not bad for a 35 Euro head.

I will keep you updated.

With the fresh cut film on its way, time is very near to make some exposures!

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Argus,

That looks an aweful lot like a Ferrari Horse in the gill of you car????

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxi331
    Argus,

That looks an aweful lot like a Ferrari Horse in the gill of you car????

R.

Sadly enough, it's only a Peugeot
    But it's fast and aggressive

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did a lot of work on the 7x17" lately.
    We're almost there.

The bellows is installed, I upgraded the focussing mechanism for the rear standard and completed the ground glass frame.
    Next task is to make the spring mechanism for the back and then the time has come to make the first exposures...

The camera now features:
    - 2" front rise
    - bellows-limited front tilt
    - 2.5" left & right rear shift
    - 35 degrees rear tilt
    - rear swing
    - over 600mm bellows extention. The minimal extention is currently 205mm so it fits the 213mm lens shown.

As usual, you can find more pictures here: http://belclimb.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=52

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey G.

Looking forward to see first pictures taken with the camera. Great work.

M.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus
    We're almost there.

The bellows is installed, I upgraded the focussing mechanism for the rear standard and completed the ground glass frame.
    Next task is to make the spring mechanism for the back and then the time has come to make the first exposures...

The camera now features:
    - 2" front rise
    - 35 degrees rear tilt
    - rear swing
    - over 600mm bellows extention. The minimal extention is currently 205mm so it fits the 213mm lens shown.

As usual, you can find more pictures here: http://belclimb.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=52

G

G
    just plain gorgeous.
    I might try and sweet talk you into adding some shift to my camera just kidding.
    Really looks like a wonderful 7x17 you seemed to have done a great job building it.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We're almost there.

The camera now features:
    - 2" front rise
    - 35 degrees rear tilt
    - rear swing

G
    Argus, It looks fantastic. Great job! Keep us informed on the progress. The back springs are of interest to me. I'm starting on a 8x20 modeled after a 2-D and a Korona. Once I figure out exactly what in the hell I'm doing I will post some pictures. Keep up the good work. Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you know what the weight of the camera is? Tried it out yet?

Regards,

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Curt,

I put it on the scale yesterday and the weight is less than 4 Kg without lens and groundglass frame. The groundglass & frame will add a few hundred grams.

The view on the groundglass is amazing and the Repromaster 213 covers well!

Now I'm waiting for some film to arrive to complete a set of 4 double filmholders. I built the prototype around a sheet of paper of 7x17" but I will not start producing them without having a sheet of film in my hands.

G

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Curt,

I put it on the scale yesterday and the weight is less than 4 Kg without lens and groundglass frame. The groundglass & frame will add a few hundred grams.

The view on the groundglass is amazing and the Repromaster 213 covers well!

Now I'm waiting for some film to arrive to complete a set of 4 double filmholders. I built the prototype around a sheet of paper of 7x17" but I will not start producing them without having a sheet of film in my hands.

G
    Argus, less than 4 Kg! Beautiful and light weight! The best of both worlds. I am adventureous in my plans to build an 8x20 out of walnut, but building film holders!! Argus, you are the man!!! This baby weighs less than my Seneca Improved 8x10!! Way to go!!

Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin