Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,269   Online: 954

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to dissapoint you, Jim. The complete package weighs 5.2 Kg:

Here is it, featuring the Rodenstock APO-Gerogon 300 f9, focussed at infinity.

Greetings,

G

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    GORGEOUS.
    amazing looking camera argus.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus
    Sorry to dissapoint you, Jim. The complete package weighs 5.2 Kg:

Here is it, featuring the Rodenstock APO-Gerogon 300 f9, focussed at infinity.

Greetings,

G

Argus, It looks great!! At 5.2kg. the weight is not an issue. Pack it up and shoot some film and let us see when you get a chance. Was the back any problem to build? That Apo 300 f-9 or the APO 360mm would look good on my 8x20 when I get to it.

Jim

Stay focused!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I want that one....

Can you please post details / more photos of the spring back construction / ground glass holder setup?

As per a recent thread in this forum this is often considered the most difficult part to make and the area in which you could assist others most.

Looking forward to seeing some test images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi All,

I compiled a PDF-file of the groundglass holder setup. It's 1.6 Mb and available on demand by email.

Greetings.

Geert

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Argus,

Congratulations on your very successful work. It is beautiful and functional. I can only admire and applaud your abilities.

Can you talk a little bit about your first lens, the Agfa Repromaster 213mm f9.25. A friend found this model lens in a printing equipment scrap yard. The printing equipment is demolished and sold to India for scrap metal. He has offered the barrel lens to me as a wide angle for my Philips 7x17. The Philips takes a Sinar lens board. According to the specifications the Philips has a focus range of 120mm to 660mm (26”).

I would appreciate reading your thoughts on this lens for use on a 7x17. Do you know what image circle it has? Will it cover the movements you have designed into the camera? Will it give the depth of field needed for landscape or is it limited to copying documents? It is designed for a camera that shoots 20x24 inch film so I am guessing it is very sharp.

Thank you for your thoughts,

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus
    Argus, great to see that bad boy in action. It must be very rewarding to use. Congratulations!!

Stay Focused

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874
    Argus,

Congratulations on your very successful work. It is beautiful and functional. I can only admire and applaud your abilities.

Can you talk a little bit about your first lens, the Agfa Repromaster 213mm f9.25. A friend found this model lens in a printing equipment scrap yard. The printing equipment is demolished and sold to India for scrap metal. He has offered the barrel lens to me as a wide angle for my Philips 7x17. The Philips takes a Sinar lens board. According to the specifications the Philips has a focus range of 120mm to 660mm (26”).

I would appreciate reading your thoughts on this lens for use on a 7x17. Do you know what image circle it has? Will it cover the movements you have designed into the camera? Will it give the depth of field needed for landscape or is it limited to copying documents? It is designed for a camera that shoots 20x24 inch film so I am guessing it is very sharp.

Thank you for your thoughts,

John Powers
    Correction: I have seen this lens on the net with several iris/aperature choices: 9-25, 11-45 and now 9-45. My friend has gotten back to me and said this lens has range of f stops from 9-45. That may answer the question. On the other hand I would appreciate reading your experiences.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi John,

my Repromaster is indeed an f9.25. It covers the format but I didn't use it for real on the camera yet.

Greetings,
    G

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin