7x17 in the making
After my projects of a first 4x5" and later on a 13x18cm (appr. 5x7") with 4x5 reducing back, I have started building a 7 x 17" camera...
I fell in love with the aspect ratio (my bank account is not very gratefull to you, scoortermm et al )
I'll keep you updated on the progres in this tread.
To reduce APUG server load on images, I have posted them on one of my sites, with comments.
Currently the baseboard has the extention rails installed.
The front box is glued and ready to be geared tomorrow or later this weekend.
I look forward to seeing the results!
have you ever been a member of the website boldering.com? I saw on your website what looks like Font or similiar slopey bouldering.
The 7x17 of yours looks gorgeous beginnings wise. ... Im envious of all you handy gents and your camera building... cant wait for the day when I can have a wood shop and do similar stuff.
I'm wondering how much stability is in these drawer giudes? There may be some up and down movement due to manufacturing tolerances, but will have to see what happens when it is all put together. Good idea for a full extension bed assembly. A "friction lock" meaning a system cam of some sort? What is your target for overall weight of this camera? tim
P.S. "Im envious of all you handy gents and your camera building..." Geez Matt, you are too modest!
I got the best drawer guides I could find: they are equiped with 2 sets of 3 metal balls, each set is spaced at app. 4 cm. It's the better kind of drawer guides I could find.
I tested them before and they really have *no* unwanted movements up/down or left/right. Maximum bearing is 10Kg, that will be enough.
There's no target for overall weight, I will see, or better: feel, when the camera is finished.
I was very active on B.com and before on offthedeck some years ago. That's where I know you from :-)
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
That's really cool Argus! I bookmarked your page. Cant wait to see how it progresses.
I concentrated on building a prototype for the film holders. There's a lot of work to be done...
The least I can say that it takes a long time, a lot of effort and a lot of woodworking skills. I hope mine are sufficient.
Hey Argus, you are doing great, just hang in there....your project might inspire me into something. The winter nights are so long here in Canada...
Originally Posted by argus
I finally found my way out of making the film holders so forget the filmholder prototype pictures. They only serve as an example on how not to do it.
Don't make things to complicated!
The rear box is now finished an oiled. The baseboard is ready but not yet equiped with locking knobs. I'll make the knobs for that later this week.
That is, if I find the time to do that. Our daughters' baptism is next sunday.
youll have to share some photos of the rear box when you manage.
Congrats on the new family addition and the upcoming baptism.