Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,622   Online: 883

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Pinon gear and knob removal from a Kodak 2-D

I am new to the forum and have read some great advice from everyone who contributes. Thank you in advance. I picked up a Kodak 2-D on "that site" without bellows, back; just the front and back frames, rail and all of the hardware. I'm trying to remove the pinon gears and the focusing knob from the rod but they seem to be pinned with very small pins . I am trying to remove them so that I can use the knob and pinons on an 8x20 I am building. Any suggestions? Also, is there a good way to remove the arms that hold the back frame. They seem to be held with a mushroom joint on the inside.

Stay focused!

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim,
    You may have to make a small drift pin to pop the pins out. Paper clip,straight pin, short piece of music wire etc.
    The "mushroom" you may have to drill out & replace.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer
    Jim,
    You may have to make a small drift pin to pop the pins out. Paper clip,straight pin, short piece of music wire etc.
    John, thanks for the idea. I will give it a try. The pinons have the pins going completely through the rod but the focus knob has a pin inserted from only one side and is threaded on. All of the other knobs came off the rods fairly easily but this one. Can't seem to figure this one out. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Stay Focused!

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer
    Jim,
    John, Got the knob off with vice grips and pliers. on to the pinons!

Stay Focused,

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I thought I would let everyone know that the pinon pins came off after I drilled them out with a 1/6" bit.

Stay Focused!

Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin