Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,740   Online: 1113

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Also, be sure not to touch the mirror - it is top coated and will easily be damaged. Hold the camera so that debris falls out when you clean it. I usualy hold them upside down (lens mount facing the floor) to clear crumbly mirror bumpers.

- Randy

Shooter
    Large Format
    The focus screen is easily damaged. The old foam will be very sticky, so be careful brushing it, to avoid getting it onto the mirror. I would try GENTLY picking at the old foam with tweezers.
    —Eric

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67
    Be very careful doing this. I would recommend first using compressed air, then using a paint brush or moderate quality - i.e. one that is very soft. Do not use solvents on the focusing screen, or any liquid for that matter. Most of the debris should brush off with patience and time.

- Randy
    I'd be worried with compressed air that I'd accidentally get it in it's frozen liquid form. I have tried using a rocket blower in the past with no luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hey guys, i don't think you need to be that delicate, the mirror is not surface coated so it will not scratch easily

try some metho or alcohol and cotton buds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin