Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,636   Online: 786

Shooter
    35mm

SX-70 to 600 polaroid?

i'm sure this has been posted before, but does anyone here know how to convert a SX-70 camera into shooting 600 film? thnaks

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    go to polaroid's site they have specific instructions on how to do this,
    isn't hard.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    ya thanks...for some reason, i thought that it was going to be harder...

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The simple way is pretty simple -- ND .6 (2-stop) filter over the lens, and learn the trick of loading the 600 pack into the SX-70 camera.

You do lose two stops of viewfinder brightness, but that's reportedly not a big issue in sunshine, and even less so with a sonar camera.

I've been thinking about a way to put the filter over the film, either permanently mounted inside the camera (below the moving mirror) or over the opening in the film pack and use a fresh filter for each pack (to control dust, scratches, fingerprints, and wrinkles). If it works, this would be about as simple as the filter over the lens, but wouldn't affect the viewfinder brightness.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Regards,

Wally

Member:
    National Sarcasm Society
    (like we need your support)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/sxfaq.html#link07

Different modification using a replacement capacitor. Good for someone comfortable modifying electronics and soldering.

Ciao!

Gordon

Shooter
    Multi Format

sx-70 to 600 polaroid

Hi Conor; my version is not highly scientific but it works for me. Firstly, I agree about losing 1 or 2 stops exposure. That said, what I do is simply cut those little plastic notches off the underside of the film pack with a sharp blade, this allows it to slide into the sx-70. good luck... David.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin