Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,833   Online: 1171

Thread: XRP in garbage

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

XRP in garbage

Found an old Ricoh XRP in the garbage bought some batteries for it, couldnt get it to fire. Then noticed the spring was missing from the battery compartment. Found an old spring. After messing around for an hour she started firing. Works like a charm, mirror and focusing screen are nice and clean, just needs light seals. Has a rikenon 50 mm 1:2 lens and there was a Vivitar 70 - 210 in the garbage with it as well

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Man, you got a great camera at great price! I used an XR-P for 16 years before the mirror return spring got too weak to use anymore. I loved that camera. Have fun with it.

- Randy

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Man, I hate hearing stories like this. No matter how many times I stick my head into dumpsters, all I ever see is garbage... :P
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    Man, I hate hearing stories like this. No matter how many times I stick my head into dumpsters, all I ever see is garbage... :P
    People keep finding Contaxes and Leicas in thrift stores, too. All I ever find are broken Time-Life cameras and Kodak disc cameras. Oh, and the occasional Polaroid 210 that has leaked something caustic all over itself.
    Best,

Wiggy

Note to Self: Tse-Tse Fly - No Antidote

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=Donald Qualls]Man, I hate hearing stories like this. No matter how many times I stick my head into dumpsters, all I ever see is garbage... :P[/QUOTE

2 words...

College towns!

I used to live in a little farm town that had two high priced, private, liberal arts colleges. You would not believe some of the stuff those rich kids would throw away at the end of the school year. I never found an M3 but i did pick up a couple digicams and a laptop one year.

They'd pull up a giant dumpster, size of a semi-truck, in front of the dorms and the kids would fill it up. I had to sneak over at night and crawl around in there. Security was concerned about appearences. They didn't want the non-college riff-raff rummaging through their high class garbage.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin