Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,345   Online: 885

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Alternative to Packard Shutter

I recently sold for parts a 2x3 Speed Graphic that was unusable in its current condition. The buyer said he removes most of the components and cuts down the box to make it narrower. Then he mounts it on the front standard/lensboard frame of his ultra large format camera and uses the focal plane shutter with his barrel lenses. Has anyone else done this?

I was intrigued by the idea because it would offer more shutter speeds than a Packard shutter. I also thought it would be rather bulky and somewhat heavy mounted to a front standard. But if you were building a camera you could incorporate it right into the design.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sounds like a modern version of the Thornton-Pickard roller blind shutters, but maybe bulkier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not shure but if you build a camera could be a sinar incorporated too! Might weight a little more but what a shutter!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin