Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,941   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald
    Damn why is it that I 'm always wanting to make something??
    It's a curse, isnt it? I always have to 'tweak' stuff that works perfectly well, cant seem to leave anything alone!
    Anyway, I got the feet and the bushings at a local ace hardware franchise. The feet came four to a pack and the bushing were in the part bins. That's a great idea about using the walnut dowel stock, that'll look nice. Cheers, Colin

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Colin, my local Ace Hardware knows my name already, I think. It's a great curse, especially the last part where you take it out with film, exposed a great neg and the print comes out fantastic. Then.... what if it was larger.... A curse I tell you a curse!!I believe I will stop at 8x20. The cost and weight just goes up and up from there.

Stay Focused!

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald
    I've been building this tripod for a while now and I had some questions for my fellow camera builders. I picked up a majestic head for a very good price. It has the 1 3/8" collar that attaches to the yoke. Any ideas how best to attach it to my walnut yoke? Hopefully the attached pictures are of interest.
    By the way I got the idea from a design by Dick Streff off of the S.K. Grimes site. It should come in at about 12lbs. with the head. Sorry if the images don't come up. I'm not a great computer guy, but in time I'll figure it out??!!

Stay Focused

Jim

IT'S Done!!

Well I finally got it done. Naturally when you build anything you know the compromises you make, design changes that are made while the project is in progress, etc.. I'm happy with the way it came out. The camlock for the legs that Dick Streff came up with works great. You can adjust the tension on each leg separately. It's very solid and weights about 13 Lbs. It will extend to 65" tall and that is ok for me because I'm only 5' 7". All in all a great first project. Now I can concentrate on the 8x20!

Stay Focused

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 07-16-2007 at 10:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin