Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,123   Online: 1168

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Cannabalizing Polaroids for Bellows?

Has anyone here had experience in using the bellows off of an old Polaroid camera for repair of a 2x3 press camera?

I have a B&J 2x3 that has see-through bellows, totally shot. As much as I'd like to try making my own bellows, I don't have time for many projects right now - would pulling the bellows off of an old Land camera work? I'm looking at the less desireable models like the 104, J66, etc.

Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think it'll work. The rear is too big, the front is too small and I don't think it's long enough to be practical. I've saved these bellows from time to time, hoping to find some use for them. Haven't found it yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a couple of sets of bellows around here, that would work for 2x3 real good, if anyone is interested, just send me a PM, they can be yours for the cost of postage.

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxi331
    I have a couple of sets of bellows around here, that would work for 2x3 real good, if anyone is interested, just send me a PM, they can be yours for the cost of postage.

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't say for sure it will work at all having not tried it myself, but it sounds as though you may have bellows from the 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 versions. Since my original post I've figured out that only the 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 bellows Polaroid cameras could work -- which limits you to the 80, 80A, 80B, and J33.

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by glennfromwy
    I don't think it'll work. The rear is too big, the front is too small and I don't think it's long enough to be practical. I've saved these bellows from time to time, hoping to find some use for them. Haven't found it yet.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin