Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,918   Online: 1102

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rail assembly for Crown Graphic

I would like to make some modifications to the home made 4x5 camera I use which has the front standard and rails from a Crown Graphic. For my envisioned modification, I need a new rail assembly (rails and focusing mechanism, still mounted to the door). I often see smaller Graflex cameras for sale on ebay for parts, but I do not know if the Crown Graphic standard will fit on the rail assembly from one of the smaller cameras, say the 2 1/4 x 3 1/4. Does anyone know or can you point to specs somewhere that would say? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first reaction to your question was that what you intend can't possibly work.

My second reaction was to measure one of my 2x3 Graphics. The bed rail on my 2x3 Crown is ~ 91.5 mm from edge to edge. The 2x3 Crown's front standard is approximately that wide.

Now go measure yours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan:

Thanks for the measurement... it is 91.5 on mine as well, outer edge to outer edge. I suspected that it might be because the proportions of the rail to the rest of the door look very wide in the pictures of the smaller Graflexes compaired to the 4x5s. Now I can feel reasonably safe buying an old body destined for parts and not have to worry about it fitting. Thanks, again.

Westley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin