Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,056   Online: 794

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874
    He is here isn't he? Gotta be nuts.

John Powers
    Goooood point!

Cheers,

Polysporus O'Cohen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan Young
    Has anyone ever put their head through a gg screen?

Lachlan
    No, but I did hear once about an LF workshop where the participants were sleeping in bunk beds. With a particular couple of guys, guy A was sleeping in a lower bunk and placed his 4x5" field on the floor next to his bed, screen uppermost. Guy B, sleeping in the upper bunk, lept out of bed in the morning, full of motivation to go out and shoot 10 shots to beat Ansel Adams, and put his heel through guy A's GG, which formed an effective photographer trap, the various shards of glass around the central hole digging into his heel and preventing him from removing same. You could say that the moral of this story is - fit an acrylic screen if you don't want to be taken to A&E with an LF camera stuck on your foot. On the scale of things, this is considerably less embarrassing than a vacuum cleaner stuck to your **** (I speak only from hearsay evidence), but still an experience you might prefer to avoid.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well. I don't have a big head, so that's one reason for a plexiglass screen, number two is I'll be carrying the thing on trains, and knocking it around here and there, and number three is I'll be near Uni students who like to pinch nice ground glass.

I think I'll give it a go.

Thanks all for the reply's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin