Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,448   Online: 723

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

8x20 Rail & Front Standard!

I finally put some finishing touches on the 8x20. I still have a long way to go but I thought I would post some pictures of the rail and standard. I used the brass from my Kodak 2-D and nobs from Barry Young (thanks again Barry, they look great!). I used some brass on the inside and outside of the rail as a nice detail. On the outside I thought it would reduce friction and help with wear. Still need to attach the rail to the base, which is done except for the gear track, drill holes in the base for the tripod and the rail supports etc. thanks for everyones help so far.

Stay Focused ...or Soft Focused!!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Fitzgerald; 07-16-2007 at 10:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    That looks fanatastic, Jim. I really like the walnut. Nice work!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Jim,

that looks very, very promising! Keep up the good work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Jim,

Things are looking great so far. I like the extra attention to details with the brass strips. The brass looks nice with the Walnut. Is your front lens board unit designed to have front tilt in addition to rise/fall? Or will tilt be done with your back standard unit?

Dan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Colin, Argus & Dan, thanks for the nice comments. I like the look of the walnut and brass. The pictures don't do justice to the pieces. The color is a very mellow aged medium walnut color. It looks very rich. I tried to make it look new but old if that makes any sense. Dan, the front has tilt that I got the design idea from my Zone VI 4x5. It wasn't that hard to do. If i can see it it is much easier for me to build. Glad to see you like it. I'll post more when I have the back done.

Stay Focused ....or Soft Focused!!!

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Jim:

Excellent work. looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald
    I finally put some finishing touches on the 8x20. I still have a long way to go but I thought I would post some pictures of the rail and standard. I used the brass from my Kodak 2-D and nobs from Barry Young (thanks again Barry, they look great!). I used some brass on the inside and outside of the rail as a nice detail. On the outside I thought it would reduce friction and help with wear. Still need to attach the rail to the base, which is done except for the gear track, drill holes in the base for the tripod and the rail supports etc. thanks for everyones help so far.

Stay Focused ...or Soft Focused!!

Jim
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Barry, thanks for the compliment. It is nice to get from a camera builder whom I respect. In fact thanks to all of the camera builders out there who will always find a way to make their vision a reality. We are a special group!

Stay Focused....or Soft Focused!!

Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin