Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,650   Online: 981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello Barry,

Email sent.

Looking forward to the book.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    OK, you have mail. Not that I have a need right now, but it is probably something that should be on my shelf for the future.

Just a thought... Have you checked on places like Lulu for the self publishing? From wehat I understand they do a decent job, and I think they handle all the ordering and shipping for you. Not sure how much they want for all that, but it might be worth looking into.
    Hi Greg:

Thnk you for your email. I love that sort of email.

I have not heard from Lulu since high school. But I will check with her and see. Thanks for the tip. I am sure that Lulu would do a better job of selling this thing than I am.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CRhymer View Post
    Hello Barry,

Email sent.

Looking forward to the book.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Thank you Clarence: I can't wait to send it to you.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just finished reading through Barry's book, and from the steps involved and the way it is laid out in the book it all seems very simple. Owning a large format printer will help keep the costs down, some of the patterns get pretty big.

Barry, I have some comments that I'll email to you sometime this weekend.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I just finished reading through Barry's book, and from the steps involved and the way it is laid out in the book it all seems very simple. Owning a large format printer will help keep the costs down, some of the patterns get pretty big.

Barry, I have some comments that I'll email to you sometime this weekend.

Hi Greg:

Thanks for pointing out the things that needed fixing. I had three people proofread the book and none of them caught that the appendix had the same address for each supplier,,,1313 Mockingbird Lane which was the fictional address of the family in the 1960's sitcom The Munsters. I always use that address when I need to research a real address or when I am filling out forms which require an address but when I don't want to give mine. You are the first person ever to notice. Thanks again.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I guess that was why I kind of thought it was odd, couldn't remember where it was from though.

Just wanted to add that coming from someone that has never learned to make a bellows, this book does shed some much needed light onto the subject. I consider it money well spent, even though I have no immediate plans to make a bellows camera. When things slow down, I'll definitely try making some practice bellows just so that I can apply the knowledge. If you have ever thought of building a bellows camera, but had no idea how to start, this book would definitely get you the bellows part.

Once I get the time to get my printer repaired, I might think about offering the printing part as a service. Right now things at my regular job are far too busy to get going on this stuff, so it's going to be a while. My printer goes 44 inches on the short side, as long as the paper roll on the other side.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Once I get the time to get my printer repaired, I might think about offering the printing part as a service. Right now things at my regular job are far too busy to get going on this stuff, so it's going to be a while. My printer goes 44 inches on the short side, as long as the paper roll on the other side.
    Great Idea Greg:

Let us know when your large format printing service is available.

Thank you for the kind words.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I would like to buy your book sometime barry .

I made a 11x14 bellows for a banquet camera .
    the instructions used ,were from the link bellow.
    I am quite happy with the result .

http://www.cyberbeach.net/~dbardell/bellows.html

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by richard mellor View Post
    I would like to buy your book sometime barry .
    OK, I am here when you are ready.

Thank you
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Richard,

Glad you posted the link. FWIW, I found that to be the most useful guide I could find back when I was building a LF camera six years ago, but even so the task proved to be more formidible than I expected. The bellows I ended up with (and there were several) were workable but nothing like the quality of off-the-shelf products ...
    duane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin