Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,969   Posts: 1,523,457   Online: 958

Shooter
    35mm RF

New Book on Camera Making

Lindsay Publications has a new book out on camera making. (I'm not affiliated with Lindsay except as a customer.)

Hasluck's Photographic Notes - http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks10/pnotes/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    intresting book! thanks fot the link.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've got their catalog and saw both photography book in the back. What did you think of the titles you bought from them? I was considering getting both the one you listed here and the other.

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I thought the new "Photographic Notes" was more practical for someone to actually impliment than the "Photographic Cameras and Accessories", because reading through some of the projects made me think I could follow the directions well enough to try some of them out. Too many of the shutters and cameras in the earlier "Photographic Cameras and Accessories" were described in a very hard to follow way and some of the more interesting shutters were quite complicated to boot. However, I thought the bellows malking directions in the earlier book were quite clear and I'd recomend it to anyone who is thinking of making a bellows.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Cool, thanks! I was interested in the roller curtain shutter designs and some of the others stuff. I *think* that I read one of the two contains plans for 5x7 stereo camera, which is a project I've been wanting to start for some time.

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I believe it's actually a half plate camera in the "Photographic Cameras and Accessories" (I'll doublecheck later). Both books have plans for rollerblind shutters, but "Photographic Notes" has much easier to follow directions for making one.

Both books are cheap enough to pick up and, in spite of my criticisms for hard to follow directions, I'm glad to have purchased them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin