Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,925   Posts: 1,522,119   Online: 802

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images

chrome and bellows cleaning and preservation

Just got a beautiful B&J Grover view camera. I'd like to know the best way to clean and preserve this wonderful camera. Thanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If your bellows is actual leather, Lexol works well, although it is somewhat expensive. I've used standard metal polishes on metal parts before with good results (brass cleaner on brass, chrome polish on chrome, etc..) Keep it dusted off and free from grime and dirt and it should last a good long time.

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Getting the chrome plated should be pretty simple. There are lots of places that do chrome work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    as an alternative, I have a B&J 8x10 Commercial I refinished in satin black lacquer, all of the "chrome" bits were nasty, a quick scrub with a scotchbrite pad brought out a lovely brass finish, a quick polish and lacquer and the camera looks lovely. BTW, the chrome is usually just polished nickel, comes off fairly easily.

erie

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin