Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,063   Online: 805

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak Retina II type 014 teardown

Howdy...has anyone taken a Retina II apart. I am wondering how the wind knob comes off and of any easy way to get the lens retaining ring off without a special wrench. Regards, Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unless you have a great deal of experience with camera repairs, I strongly suggest you don't attempt a repair. These are not simple cameras, but they are fixable. IMHO, a full through CLA is worthwhile. I use my 2a and 3c regularly. They are great cameras.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a source of some information that may help you, it's a web site for Chris Sherlock who repairs cameras in New Zealand.
    http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~Srawhiti/index.html
    Beyond what's in his web site, I have no direct knowledge about his shop.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys. The IIa's are a bit of a nightmare with the advance linkage. The II looks fairly straight forward. I did get in touch with Chris Sherlock. He gave me a few pointers and the reassurance I needed to take it down. The top cover is off tonight to clean the viewer. The shutter cla will have to wait a bit till I get some time. Regards, Roger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin