Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,536   Posts: 1,646,088   Online: 839

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Very cool!

For the longest time, I have been meaning to make something like this to hold down my fiber paper in the enlarger.

A holder like this would be very nice for shooting directly to paper in a film back.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am planning to make some of these soonish. For a vacuum pump I was going to use a little keyboard vacuum that I found in a local office depot. It takes a few AA batteries and costs about 35NIS ($7). So I figure it will work. Actually I am going to get 2, I'll use the other to clean out film holders.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I figured you could use some parts from a blood pressure kit. I see them in thrift stores every once in a while.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Really nice job. Until I saw your application I was wondering why you'd want to go to all that effort for 4x5, as I've never had any problems with regular holders (well, okay, once a sheet slipped because I forgot to tap the holder before a long exposure...).

For long exposure astrophotography on a motorized mount it makes sense.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Large Format
    A year later and there's still interest! Pretty neat. For the folks using the squeeze bulb, please keep in mind the system (at least mine) isn't 100% air-tight. A little air will creep in under the film, so you have to constantly squeeze the bulb to maintain the vacuum. A rubber bulb surges - the film will be pulled in - the film relaxes - then is pulled in again when the bulb is squeezed once more. With the aquarium pump the force is constant and the film stays flat the entire time the pump is on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin