Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,136   Online: 1067

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Compur Rapid shutter help?

I just rejuvenated a Compur Rapid on a 6x9 folder of mine. It was bound up by a dry self timer train. Now I find that B and T do not work, and I cannot even get the rimset to go to either setting. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions?
    Thanks!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds like the cover may not be properly installed. Either that or maybe the timer assembly isn't installed correctly. I had the same thing happen on a Syncro Compur and found that the main timer assembly was out of place, and that the top timer plate wasn't installed correctly.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    With some of the older Compurs, you don't tension the shutter for B and T. In fact, I believe you cannot tension the shutter on B and T with some of the older Compurs.

Otherwise, I agree with Greg. The outer dial with the speeds probably isn't seated correctly. That's where I would start. Before you replace the other parts, turn the dial from T to the top speed (shutter untensioned) and see that it spins freely -- not easily, but freely.

What I'll sometimes do when I have trouble replacing the speed dial is to half tension and release the shutter a couple of times at around 150 or so. Then I'll change speeds and try again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin