Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,524   Posts: 1,598,300   Online: 1089

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    Thanks! I tried searching for Jon Goodman and Interslice on Ebay, no luck. Does anyone have a link to his website?
    Here is a webpage link he sent me when I purchased foam from him for my Koni-Omegas:

http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/sealreplacement.html

Edit: here's a link to his current eBay listings:

http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZintersliceQQhtZ-1

Still haven't done the work, but he was great to deal with.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    He doesn't have a web site, just an email. http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...ht=jon+goodman

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the links! I will order a kit this week. Hopefully I can reseal my backs. It looks like the backs have 4 seals: one on the hinge side, one on the opposite side or latch side, and two curved ones on top and bottom of the back. I also noticed that the film holder section has several small seals as well. It also appears that the square seal on the back of the camera body needs replacing too. Now that I am inspecting the camera, it appear that I need to reseal the inside of the body as well near the mirror housing. Will I be able to reseal all these with just one kit, or should I order two?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John can probably answer your question direclty. There are two types of kits - he suggests the larger for medium format.

It looks to me that the larger kit I purchased has a lot of seal material.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One kit will do it, and will have all of the thicknesses you need. The thin ones on the insert are the more difficult, and will be where the dental pick comes into its own. Also, as I stated before, it is easier to glue one end, pack into the slot, and glue the opposite end. If you try to glue the whole thing you will have a situation...
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin