Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,370   Online: 724

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Lensboard for old cameras

Wow! Just got done looking at the homebuilt camera thread. Impressive.

Here's a little lensboard I made to add swing and tilt to my 5x7 Gundlach Korona View, without altering the camera itself. The short bellows is actually made out of gaffers tape, since it's so short.

The back portion fits into the front standard as a "normal" lensboard.

Before finishing it. I later reversed the bolts and finished it to match the camera's color.

The finished lensboard.

Now the old girl can twist and turn with the best!

I have used this lensboard for a couple of months and am very satisfied with the movements. I have had no difficulties with it except for sore fingers when tightening against the force of the springs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool. Somewhat like a LF LensBaby!

Shooter
    35mm
    The resourcefulness and ingenuity of dedicated, determined camera freaks never ceases to amaze. Kudos!!!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ragc View Post
    Wow! Just got done looking at the homebuilt camera thread. Impressive.

Here's a little lensboard I made to add swing and tilt to my 5x7 Gundlach Korona View, without altering the camera itself. The short bellows is actually made out of gaffers tape, since it's so short.

The back portion fits into the front standard as a "normal" lensboard.

Before finishing it. I later reversed the bolts and finished it to match the camera's color.

The finished lensboard.

Now the old girl can twist and turn with the best!

I have used this lensboard for a couple of months and am very satisfied with the movements. I have had no difficulties with it except for sore fingers when tightening against the force of the springs.
    I'm going to start on a Korona 5x7 after I'm done building my 8x20. You have given us all a great idea. Thanks.

Stay Focused.....or Soft Focused

Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin