Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,259   Online: 1007

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Camera bellows book

I just received "Modern Bellows Making" from Barry Young and it is simply an excellent book at a very reasonable price..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you Evan, glad you liked the book.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bellows making book (and Barry's 8x10 plans)

I just wanted to add that I just got Barry's book, "Modern Bellows Making", as well as the plans for his 8x10 design, yesterday. I agree with Evan, in fact both are truly excellent.

A note about his plans. Many times I have received plans and all the information is cram packed onto a single sheet much too large to view anywhere besides the shop floor. However, with Barry's plans, I received a spiral bound BOOK of drawings, broken down into the various phases of the camera build, with each piece of wood and brass work given a plan sheet of it's own. For anyone interested in building their own camera, as an experienced advanced woodworker, I would highly recommend both of these books by Barry.

While maybe a bit too advanced for a beginning woodworker, I believe the way Barry has put the plan package together an intermediate level woodworker would be able to build a camera he would be extremely proud of.
    If you are considering your first camera build, I'd recommend you contact Barry. He has been very quick to respond to any of my messages and is always cordial. A real pleasure to do business with.

Steve

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Aw Schucks!

Thank you Steve, I am glad you are happy with your purchase and thanks for the kind words.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds great but how about a link so we can take a peek at thiese books? You've got me thinking now. I've always wanted to build a format camera. Is this a field camera or a mono rail type? How about hardware, stock available or DIY manufactured? How much are the books? Where can I get em? Come on guys you're teasing me here.

Thanks
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Sounds great but how about a link so we can take a peek at thiese books? You've got me thinking now. I've always wanted to build a format camera. Is this a field camera or a mono rail type? How about hardware, stock available or DIY manufactured? How much are the books? Where can I get em? Come on guys you're teasing me here.

Thanks

Hi Paul:

I can send you a couple of sample pages from the bellowsmaking book and one of the drawings from the plans for the 8x10 if you pm your email address to me.

The plans are for an 8x10 folding field camera.

Unfortunately neither the plumbing nor the hardware departments at the home center have the hardware that is required to build a field camera so it is all custom. I do however sell the knobs and tripod sockets for those builders who do not own a metal lathe. The rest of the metal parts can be made using files and a drill press and they too will be available as soon as I have the new mill table up and running and the film holder inventory is stocked.

Modern Bellowsmaking is $30 including shipping to USA and Canada. The 8x10 field camera plans are $50 including shipping to USA and Canada. If both books are purchased at the same time, $70 including shipping to USA and Canada.

You can get the books by sending email requesting ordering information to:

barryjyoung@yahoo.com

Thanks for your interest.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Barry,
    please send me aalso some details.I'm really interested on the puchase.
    I have to make a 8x20 bellow that is quite different from a 11x14 one especially for the corners.
    My e-mail : roul8th@yahoo.com

many thanks

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin