Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,609   Online: 832

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If it can be removed, then its not really permanent, is it?
    Sorry to be unhelpful, but the little devil on my left shoulder wouldn't leave me alone until I typed this.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use those eraseable markers to erase permanent markers. You know the kind that are used to mark on those white "chalkboards" and are erased with a chalk style eraser. Just color over the permanent marker as if you're blacking it out then erase. Sometimes it MAY take a second or third time, depending on how long it's been there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Meths (methylated spirit) works for me every time (and petroleum lighter fuel for residues of sticky labels).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There is a product called Grafitti Remover - works great - purchased at local hardware store. Works wonders on film holders

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you very much for all the suggestions. I'll try using isopropyl alcohol first and progress to other methods suggested if that does not work.

Jason.
    Last edited by JasonC; 02-15-2007 at 08:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, one more thing. How do I tell if the finish is shellac or lacquer? (That tells you how much I know about woodworking. )

Jason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by S_Patton View Post
    I use those eraseable markers to erase permanent markers. You know the kind that are used to mark on those white "chalkboards" and are erased with a chalk style eraser. Just color over the permanent marker as if you're blacking it out then erase. Sometimes it MAY take a second or third time, depending on how long it's been there.
    I received some defaced cescolite trays from an eBay auction today. This method worked WONDERFULLY.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Something to consider that is virtually solvent free is the dry eraser (Mr. Clean brand, etc..) that is sold at WalMartor similar-- dampen it and scrub it off--As an example -I got my son a Video iPod for his birthday and his 2 yr old sister wasted no time in acquiring a Sharpie and did a number on it----That is a WHITE iPOD BTW--dry eraser took it all right off---a very impressive product ! That was the first time she acquired a Sharpie and what a perfect item to scribble up---it's clean as a pin now and the Sharpie's are out of reach !!!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I always start with isopropyl alcohol then go on to ethanol and only after that try stronger stuff. If it is an ordinary "permanent marker"-pen the isopropanol should work.
    /matti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JosBurke View Post
    Something to consider that is virtually solvent free is the dry eraser (Mr. Clean brand, etc..) that is sold at WalMartor similar-- dampen it and scrub it off--As an example -I got my son a Video iPod for his birthday and his 2 yr old sister wasted no time in acquiring a Sharpie and did a number on it----That is a WHITE iPOD BTW--dry eraser took it all right off---a very impressive product ! That was the first time she acquired a Sharpie and what a perfect item to scribble up---it's clean as a pin now and the Sharpie's are out of reach !!!
    Never thought of that. I have a box full of the Mr. Clean dry eraser. Need to try it out. Thanks.

Jason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin