Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,379   Online: 1061

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fulvio,
    The polaroid/Graflex back is to use Polaroid roll film on the Graflex, not to convert it to 4X5. This film has been discontinued many years ago.
    If you're going to pursue this you're going to need a 4X5 back to add to the 110. What you're doiing right now is converting from a roll film back, to a roll film Polaroid back ie they both use the same film. With the added 4CM extension you'll have a close focusing camera with no film available for it.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Fulvio,
    The polaroid/Graflex back is to use Polaroid roll film on the Graflex, not to convert it to 4X5. This film has been discontinued many years ago.
    If you're going to pursue this you're going to need a 4X5 back to add to the 110. What you're doiing right now is converting from a roll film back, to a roll film Polaroid back ie they both use the same film. With the added 4CM extension you'll have a close focusing camera with no film available for it.
    maybe there was some confusion - take a look at the pictures

I don't want to put the polaroid back over the polaroid camera... I just want to use an insert I found inside the polaroid back to make a 4x5 back for the polaroid camera

One ending of this insert looks like a 4x5" film holder and has a 4x5" window in it. The other window has a window large to fit the old discontinued polaroid rollfilm.

It looks like a spacer and it's flat on the 4x5" side, so I can have a graflex back fitted or similar solution. You should be able to see it in the pictures.

To fit the camera with a new 4x5" back I need an extension from the existing focusing plane to 4x5" and make room for 4x5" holders; I thought this insert might do it.

this picture is explanatory

http://www.apug.org/forums/attachmen...9&d=1172250992

I think I need to cut the camera's back at this point.
    Last edited by Fulvio; 02-23-2007 at 03:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    You might want to check my June entry of my blog. I did a 4X5 conversion on a 250. But I think some of the ideas may help you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fulvio
    You don't need an extension to fit a 4X5 back. The 110b has sufficient space to accept a 4X5 holder once modified.
    You will need to get the film plane to where the film was in the beginning. Or change focal length of the lens to compensate for the additonal 4CM, or change the position of the original lens to focus on the relocated film plane.
    The section you're looking at onthe Graflex adapter is simply a darkslide so you could install/remove the back on a 4X5 camera without fogging film.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sorry extension wasn't the right word, forgive my English please

what I meant is a spacer between the actual focusing plane and the new back...

I need to figure out how far the new focusing plane has to be to have a 4x5" image projected

Shooter
    Multi Format

it's coming...

ok, I trashed the idea of using that metal piece
    and thanks to a very good friend I got something now...

of course it's not finished yet (on the left what you see it's not rust, but adhesive leftovers after I removed the leatherette... I removed the ugly red button; I will cover that up with the leatherette from the back rear door)

stay tuned for further updates

and oh... I have ONE camera and TWO backs... know what? I'll convert both backs and maybe I'll put one for sale once both will be finished and tested...
    Last edited by Fulvio; 03-09-2008 at 04:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Do a search for DIWAN on the Photo.net site. He has posted pictures of his conversion. Very much like what you have done already.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    almost finished...
    Last edited by Fulvio; 03-09-2008 at 04:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    4X5 folding RF camera. Just a hair over twp pounds loaded.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Project finished - camera converted!

The 110B was converted and rangefinder adjusted to new infinity spot.

I actually converted TWO backs - a spare one which I think I'll put for sale on ebay (starting price 50 €, a little more than material cost). They both fit my 110B, but of course I only need one

The back I will keep for myself is the one pictured in the attached images and it is slightly bigger on the bottom because of a large tripod mount I placed there. Also, it works as a vertical grip for me... The system weighs exactly 2 kg (including camera body, converted back, one double sided film holder). Like a modern DSLR + lens... Cameras such as the Pentax 67 are heavier by comparison.

My back takes 4x5 single/double film loaders, Polaroid 545 backs, slip-in rollfilm holders and I likely Grafmatic backs as well (I don't have any, just my guess).

Rangefinder works ok. Anyway I soon realized that one needs to close down to f8 with this camera, being f5,6-6,7 the limit . I wouldn't go below 1/60 speed either. As a large format lens I guess this lens will perform better around f11-f16.

I didn't notice any light leaks. I sealed the inside of the camera with black foam and epoxy (I used a lot of epoxy in this project).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin