Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,552   Online: 769

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    first image taken
    Last edited by Fulvio; 03-09-2008 at 04:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yikes. I wish I would have seen this thread sooner, but this is the first time that I have visited this subforum. It is pretty easy to make a straight conversion. First take off the back and the plate around the opening to the bellows and you can get rid of these (this saves an enormous amount of weight). Use an old 405 type polaroid back (these can be had for pennies on ebay. Look for one that fits a Bronica or similar medium format camera) Take out the insides of the Polaroid back. The back should fit snugly into the guide rails on the body. Attach a graflock type back to the Polaroid back (after cutting out the back of the Polaroid back obviously). Attach everything with screws (2 or 3mm machine screws work great) and seal up all the leaks you can find. Reset the lens on the standard so it agrees with infinity and Voila! you have a conversion. It should only take a few hours if you preplan everything that you need. By doing it this way you get a lightweight camera. There is obviously more to it than this, but anyone with common sense and a little mechanical aptitude can figure out the rest.

Patrick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you mean like this http://cgi.ebay.ca/GRAFLEX-POLAROID-...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, that is a 4x5 to a Polaroid roll film back. Avoid those. One like this-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Bronica-Polaroid...QQcmdZViewItem

These will work fine since Polaroid made all of these backs from the same original one type. You just need to take off the adapter that they added for whatever system they were adapting it to. Bronica is the best one to get because no one uses Bronica anymore so they go for cheap. You could also use Hasselblad as well.

Patrick
    Last edited by patrickjames; 03-09-2007 at 09:03 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster6X6 View Post
    This is the back I was talking about. It's almost identical to a 110B casing. You just need a couple of extra cuts in the aluminium.

I did all the job conversion with few tools... A saw, a mini drill with cutting discs, wood, glue, epoxy, etc.
    Last edited by Fulvio; 03-10-2007 at 03:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's an interesting idea, Patrick...

I made my conversion out of plywood which also makes a relatively lightweight camera.

The weight is acceptable for a 4x5" camera.

I focus & shoot with my left hand holding the camera grip on the left; my right hand on the focusing knob/shutter; my right shoulder supporting the camera from its bottom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've put for sale one of the two backs here
    http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=230103839884

And, if anybody wants a copy of Dean Jones original "Bi-Polaroid disorder CD" about Polaroid camera conversions, I've put mine for sale along my own little work, showing how and what I did to convert my 110B:
    http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=230103839947

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin