Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,239   Online: 1100

Thread: Machine parts

Shooter
    Multi Format

Machine parts

Is there anyone who could create a film advance lever for a Mamiya C33
    i noticed on ebay a lot of pat mamiya are missing levers. looks like this part can not be obtained. same with leica 41mm sunshades. Working in a machine shop when I was young I know this can't be hard. n6re@hotmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi randy

maybe you can ask the good folks at skgrimes camera repair.
    it is a full service machine shop that caters to the needs of photographers.
    perhaps they can help you out ...
    i have a strange feeling that the first one will cost a small fortune, but
    the ones that follow will be a fraction of the innitial one's cost ..

john

ps they are a apug sponsor
    Last edited by jnanian; 02-24-2007 at 08:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As John stated, the first custom part of any kind is the most expensive, and it is likely that no one has stepped up to the plate and ponied up the dough for that prototype. In this case though, your least cost option might be to find a beater and use it as a parts donor...

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'v contacted skgrimes camera repair (machine shop)I will let them make a c33 film advance lever for about $65 Isupose after the first the rest will be cheaper. They can also make sme a lens hood for my 50mm leica summarit for about $65.00

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by randy6 View Post
    I'v contacted skgrimes camera repair (machine shop)I will let them make a c33 film advance lever for about $65 Isupose after the first the rest will be cheaper. They can also make sme a lens hood for my 50mm leica summarit for about $65.00

Those are both excellent prices Randy. I no longer take custom work or I would have volunteered.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin