Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,182   Online: 1123

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: glue for felt?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

a tip for 77 spray adhesive long term storage

take the white and red spray caps, and after you have used one on the inverted can to clean it out at the end of the run, pull them off and leave them immersed in a small glass jar (capped with lid) filled with mineral spirits. The little bit of residual glue that seems to build up around the outside of the spray tip seem to flatten over the spray hole if left in-attended, and claring them out is not like picking a bit of paint out of the spray tip. Theu never spray properly again (experience speaking). Fish them out with needle nose pliers next time that you need them, give a quick squirt, and they are as good as if they have never been used before.

I use 77 to create all kinds of foam core studio props when clear tape isn't quite up to the task.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I would use Heads Up spray on automotive headliner adhesive. Every other type of adhesive I have used with felt soaks the felt reducing the nap. I use headliner adhesive when I glue in the felt in the french fitted presentation cases I make for fine pistols. No discoloration, no saoking and no nap reduction.

It is available at NAPA, Schucks, Checker, Kragen, Auto Zone and Pep Boys auto parts stores.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    That's good to know Barry. I was using the 77 for bellows and it can quickly turn linen or silk into cardboard!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin