Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,026   Online: 694

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Replacement bellows at reasonable prices...

Check out this guy he can make leather bellows for just about any camera, LF MF collectors as well. He made a vinal/cloth Speedx-Special R bellows for me that is exactly like the original, perfect fit. The leather version was a bit too thick so we opted for the original vinal replacement instead.

His web site is... www2.hawaii.edu/~mkapono/bellows.htm

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Paul, I just bought an 11x14 which will need some new bellows down the road. Can you tell us how much you paid for your new bellows?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, love to see some prices so that we can compare them to those of Western Bellows and the English Company (Leather Bellows or English Bellows ... halfheimers setting in ths pm).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Visit Mark Kapono's site... http://www2.hawaii.edu/~mkapono/bellows.htm and leave him a message as to what you want. I can reassure you the price is much less than the other makers I priced.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    and the English Company (Leather Bellows or English Bellows ... halfheimers setting in ths pm).
    It's www.camerabellows.com -- I have nothing but praise for them. They have nearly every pattern in the world on file, and can put a finished bellows in your hands within two weeks in Europe or the US. And they were the least expensive as well when I last shoppped for bellows. The bellows they built for my 5x7 Norma are superb. Not leather! But for a working bellows, superb.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Aloha:

My name is Mark Kapono and I fabricate and fold custom and replacement camera bellows for a variety of makes of cameras. I am new to this forum, and with some goading from an acquaintance, a repair tech in NYC, I joined up in order to participate in the discussion regarding replacement camera bellows.

At present I am fabricating bellows of a synthetic impregnated substrate in black, over cloth lining that is dead to bellows flare. I am extremely satisfied with the performance and service life of these materials. Recently I have begun to offer this service to vintage camera enthusiasts, shooters, and collectors.

For information regarding the services that I offer, some information may be found at the URL mentioned in a previous post, http://www2.hawaii.edu/~mkapono/bellows.htm . I have recently updated that page showing some previous and current endeavors.

I look forward to following up on this thread!

Me ka mahalo,

Mark K. Kapono
    Hilo, HI

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, I went to your site and the bellows there look really great. I wish you only the best of luck.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mark, your bellows look great. How about an idea on prices. For example, a replacement bellows for a Toyo 45AII?

Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Mark, your bellows look great. How about an idea on prices. For example, a replacement bellows for a Toyo 45AII?

Thanks
    Aloha Ted:

I am very reluctant to offer pricing information on the bulletin boards. My practice is to provide an individual price quote for a potential client's consideration. From there the client and I can decide whether or not to proceed with the work.

From considerate research of the current market for replacement camera bellows, I feel that my pricing is very reasonable. When I was first introduced to folding camera bellows years ago, I thought the only cameras that needed a bellows to be replaced were the ones owned by a gentleman for whom I built them for. He had a passion for his cameras and old world craftmanship, i.e. leather, linen, Archette paper, and a hot pot of hide glue. I never knew that the few bellows folders out there are now commanding a high price for their product. Not having to dabble in an industrial product line I can keep my overhead, and therefor pricing, lower than most, and still offer a quality product.

Me ka mahalo,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Mark
    Welcome to the best forum on the net by far .Your bellows look great.It would be nice to give us some prices of common cameras in use LF as well as folders.

Thanks in advance Greg

PS: you were faster then me . Sorry
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin