Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,010   Online: 1187

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi there,

I'm stripping a late model Ansco 5A studio 8x10, it's beech and basswood. I guess that's why it cost 2x the mahogany and brass version.

Don't forget: teak, black ash, bloodwood, canarywood, yellowheart, koa, pacific yew, et al. I'm very sure it's a plank-by-plank choice.

Good luck with it, please post some photos when done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just Each of you understand the what ever wood you requires a different metheod of finishing and preparing of the wood for that type of wood, Prize cut Mahaogny requires it be sealed and then finished then if you use cherry it requires a different metheod to prep it and finish it I have always use [Behlen vanish finish's prep stuff their out of new jersey ]the last I knew, use to get their stuff thro Wades out of new york,N>Y> Have fun gentlemen, the more time you put into something the better it is:\\\Lauren
    Lauren MacIntosh
    When one's life Ends, then one becomes Life's history !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin