Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,570   Online: 799

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Very very cool Jim, cant wait to see the finished camera.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    Very very cool Jim, cant wait to see the finished camera.
    Colin, thanks. It will be a while before it is done. I will post completed pictures when she is done. Thanks again,

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    I was looking for racks to build an extension for my 2D and asked Richard Ritter about it. He told me that they were non-standard. I was surprised but I looked at all the usual sources (small parts, berg, mcmaster plus specialty gear houses) and came up with nothing. You may need to get new racks and matching pinions. If you do find a source for the rack, though, please post or PM me.

Thanks -- Mark
    That is what I suspected, Mark. I've gotten rails off of e-bay hoping that they would work but they are not right. My friend Dan Dozer gave me some racks he had left over from his 8x20 but they didn't mesh properly. Trying to find something on e-bay or somewhere else is the ony way. I will keep you in mind if I get lucky. If push comes to shove I can change out the racks and pinions. Thanks,

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    That thing is going to be monsterously heavy, good thing you have a serious tripod to go with it. What do you do for ground glass on something that big? does it slide around or do you use a full size glass for that? But it does look good. Are you going to make the bellows yourself?
    Greg E, I have a ground glass I got from Andrew Glover (aka Dagor 77). It is very nice. The bellows I will either make myself; with my friend Dan Dozer's help, he made his own and has the plans, or I will have Mark Kapono in Hawaii build it for me. He quoted me $365.00-$390.00 for a 8x20 bellows and that seems reasonable. I'm still thinking about this. I will let everyone know when I decide. I'm building the back and ground glass frame right now and this is consuming all of my limited brain power at the moment!! I'll keep you guys informed of my progress.

Thanks,

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After doing all this work, don't you kind of need to make the bellows too? The only thing that would make me hesitate is the size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow. What a fantastic project. I am going to be following this with interest. I am curious what your total cost for this project is.

I have an excel file that is a bellows calculator that someone (I forgot who, sorry to him) sent me a while back. If you think it might help you just email me.

Patrick

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    Wow. What a fantastic project. I am going to be following this with interest. I am curious what your total cost for this project is.

I have an excel file that is a bellows calculator that someone (I forgot who, sorry to him) sent me a while back. If you think it might help you just email me.

Patrick
    Patrick, thank you for the offer and I will pm you if I need to get the file. I guess it would be a good reason to get Excel on my computer!!!??? somehow I forgot that one when I got a new computer a couple of years ago. Depending on my funds I may just send the bellows frames to Mark Kapono in Hawaii and have him build the bellows for me. It would save a lot of time. I haven't figured my total cost as of yet, but I will do so soon and I will let everyone know. I had a lot of the walnut and had to buy some thin stock recently so the wood has been paid for years ago. Dan Dozer has been a big help and inspiration for me. His 8x20 is awesome! I got to see the finished camera at the Joshua Tree workshop that Per Volquartz put on in January. I am hoping to complete this camera in a couple of months. I have never been in a rush but now that it is really starting to look like a camera I can't wait to finish it. Now back to building the camera back and ground glass holder! Thanks.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess it would be a good reason to get Excel on my computer!!!?
    Open office is a good alternative, http://www.openoffice.org/

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Open office is a good alternative, http://www.openoffice.org/
    Thnaks for the link!

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin