Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,056   Online: 1042

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

DIY View Camera Website

I just want to post this link:http://www.raymentkirbycameras.co.uk/index.htm

Click on 'Workshop' for six detailed and well illustrated and documented sections on building a 5x4 in. view camera.

I have just discovered it and I found the information to be very useful. I wish I had found it before I built my camera rather than after. - I feel a new one being planned right now!

I'm sure many of you are already aware of this but I thought I would mention it for those who may not have seen it.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    As poor as I am with tools, this web site makes me want to design and build a 5x12" camera.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    As poor as I am with tools, this web site makes me want to design and build a 5x12" camera.
    You could always have the hard machining done for you. There are a couple of places that will do this for pretty reasonable fees. Try The Hardwood Store of North Carolina and see what they might charge for the raw material and rough cutting. http://www.hardwoodstore.com/lumber.html The lumber for my tripod was ready to sand and finish. If they would do the cutting that you need for a reasonable fee, it would be about as good as buying a kit. Tell Hil I sent you if you contact them.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    It's a great format Jim. I recently built a 5x12 & some holders and if you have any questions let me know.

Nice website, thanks for the link Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin