Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,449   Online: 766

Shooter
    Multi Format

Stripped screw on MD-11

The locking screw on my MD-11 and it's metal receptor have worn out because of frequent use. The unit itself works just fine but I'm a tad worried that the battery pack will fall out at some inopportune time.
    Upon inspection it looks like both the male & female parts of the locking screw have just about had it.It does lock,but only by the hair of it's teeth.
    Should I just use electrical tape to secure the battery pack or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MD-11.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My MD-11 does not have this problem but years ago my Dad dropped my OM1 with the Winder 1 attached. The latch on the battery tray broke. I've been using tape to hold it together for years. The tape wears out every once in a while but it is easy to peel it off and put on some fresh tape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought this thread was about McDonnell Douglas aircraft...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin