Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,172   Online: 1044

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Leather strap for the 8x20

What is everyone using for the strap to carry their ULF/LF cameras? Are you not using one? I have heard of people using dog collars. What are your thoughts and ideas? Thanks.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just for the sake of it, I priced a custom made replacement strap vs. the dog collar solution some time ago - the custom made strap came to about triple in price than an of-the-wall doggie collar. I'll probably/ most likely go for the dog collar just to have a strap on the camera; but for actual carrying, I wouldn't trust ANY little strap (or that little metal hook/ring it sits in).
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I agree with not trusting the strap. Hell it has taken me well over a year to build my 8x20 and I'm not going to trust it to some strap! I do need to put a strap on it and I thought the dog collar thing was the way to go. I always use two hands when picking up any of my LF cameras.Thanks for the input.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Jim, For my 820 I got my from woodcraft.
    Cliff
    http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=1097

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Cliff, thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Jim,

I don't know how you could go wrong with the woodcraft handles. They won't work on mine, but it should work on yours. To me, they look pretty good and the price is pretty low. I've seen Deardorf replacement handles on Ebay for somewhere close to $25. Just be careful with the woodcraft catalog - you might find too many more things do buy.

Dan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I've used truck handles from FurnitureKnowledge.com. The Natural looks better than the Black, but that's personal preference. They're so cheap, I just threw the Black one away, rather than put it in the spare parts drawer.

http://www.furnitureknowledge.com/le...nk_handles.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi guys! Thanks for the ideas. I checked out the pet store in my area and all they had were rinestone dog collars!! Yeh, that will look real good on my Walnut 8x20!! Anyone else need one? I will go with something from one of the woodworking stores. There are two in my area.

jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Hi guys! Thanks for the ideas. I checked out the pet store in my area and all they had were rinestone dog collars!! Yeh, that will look real good on my Walnut 8x20!! Anyone else need one? I will go with something from one of the woodworking stores. There are two in my area.

jim
    Rhinestone collars? Yikes. I would have to paint my camera pink to go with the bling-bling . Anyway, the woodworking/ furnitore store collars look nice - gotta have to check em out .

Chris
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Tell me my rhinestone collar on a 8x20 would not be the talk of the day at a ULF workshop!!

Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin