Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,865   Online: 929

Shooter
    35mm RF

Cleaning inside of FSU turret viewfinder?

Has anyone disassembled a Russian/ FSU turret viewfinder for cleaning? Mine has a few black blobs inside, likely specs of matte paint, that are enough to be distracting. Is this a straightforward open up and clean, or is it a bunch of springs ready to jump out, shims and pins ready to fall loose, etc.? Does anyone know of an on-line repair manual or exploded parts view? Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks,

AgCl4ever
    Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this the three lens version like you see on the Kiev 4A?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino View Post
    Is this the three lens version like you see on the Kiev 4A?
    It's the 5 lens version (28, 35, 50, 90, 135), but same idea as the Kiev version.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I took one apart a couple of years ago. I don't recall the specifics, but it wasn't that difficult. Took me about 30 minutes to disassemble, clean and reassemble.

As I recall, don't mess too much with the prisms. But you should be able to clean the prism surfaces and also blow out the inside with some compressed air.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin