Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,606   Online: 975

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Jim,
    I can't see the slit you refer to on your picture. Sorry.
    Here's a link to some pics of the camera that the seller had posted on the LF forum. The last one has the best (?) view of the strap holders.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=25420

Diane
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan View Post
    Jim,
    I can't see the slit you refer to on your picture. Sorry.
    Here's a link to some pics of the camera that the seller had posted on the LF forum. The last one has the best (?) view of the strap holders.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=25420

Diane
    Diane, I see what you mean. I made my brass parts to run the strap through out of some small sheet. They are 1 1/4" x 1 5/8" I came down from the top edge and cut a slot with my dremel about 3/8" down and about 1" wide. I then put it in a small vice and bent it up into the right position. It looks to me like you could copy the existing design. It is very easy to do if you have a dremel and a few cutoff wheels. I keep the worn cutoff wheels with a smaller diameter for slots like this. I'm still trying to figure out how to age brass to get it to look like my 20's brass I have on the camera now. If you have any more questions let me know I'll do what I can to help.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Jim,
    Where did you get the knobs for your camera? The one in my link above is missing one on the rear bed on the right side. I am planning to try the local hardware store, but haven't done it yet.

Diane
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dianne, I spent some time on E-bay searching for camera parts. I found several old Kodak parts and a partial 2-D that I used all of the metal off of. The nobs you have look to be nickle. You can try the e-bay route and look for parts. My Seneca Improved 8x10 has nickle hardware and you could look for some parts like that. I did get some brass nobs for the 8x20 front standard that Barry Young did for me and they are nice. I know Richard Ritter could do it for you also. You may have to send them a nob for comparison if you want to keep it authentic. That is a nice set up you got. Different format . Nice that you got holders and film. Did you re-do the bellows?

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried to stop myself, but I just have to ask - shouldn't it be knobs????

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Jim,
    I used the B&S bellows patching kit to repair the bellows. I thought I'd try that first over a full bellows replacement. I did that because I have another bellows (for an 8x10 studio camera) that is in worse shape that needs to be replaced. This camera that the link above is to is a whole plate, 6.5" x 8.5" camera.

Diane
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I tried to stop myself, but I just have to ask - shouldn't it be knobs????

Matt
    The great thing about the English language!! What the hell do we need the "k" for?? Sorry, building yes.... spelling no, not as good as I used to be!!!!

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For many different styles of knobs, try www.smallparts.com and McMaster-Carr

I doubt you will find nickel plated, but if you get something like brass you should be able to send it out for plating.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    The great thing about the English language!! What the hell do we need the "k" for?? Sorry, building yes.... spelling no, not as good as I used to be!!!!

Jim
    Hi Jim: Andrew Jackson, American President and Military genius said "I could never respect a man who could only think of one way to spell a word". We knew what you ment,,,mant,,,meent,,,um ,,intended to say.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barryjyoung View Post
    Hi Jim: Andrew Jackson, American President and Military genius said "I could never respect a man who could only think of one way to spell a word". We knew what you ment,,,mant,,,meent,,,um ,,intended to say.
    Barry, thank you for that. Sometimes I get excited and the spelling just goes down the tubes!! I appreciate it when someone points it out. I was never a great student while in school. I leave that up to my three son's. I guess that is why I'm taking so long on the bellows for the 8x20. You know it is that math thing!!!!

Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin