Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,533   Online: 941

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ragc View Post
    ..., but it can never (my guess) correct perspective because it cannot move parallel to the ground. You would need four bolts for that to be possible.

Rafael,

Whether 3- or 4-point pivoting, you won't gain a shift movement with that.

By the way, any perspective manipulation/correction is done with the filmback; a lens shift only gives the desired field of view.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Rafael,

Whether 3- or 4-point pivoting, you won't gain a shift movement with that.

By the way, any perspective manipulation/correction is done with the filmback; a lens shift only gives the desired field of view.

You are correct. My camera has front shift (rise/fall with the camera on it's side), so the device I made needed only to add tilt and swing.

The back controls perspective, but the front controls what is in focus. Remember I am advising him on how to obtain movements for a hypothetical viewfinder. He could use the same mechanism on the back as on the front to achieve this.

For my purposes, again, my camera had tilt on the back, so I needed the mechanism only on the front.

I do appreciate your clarifications, as it is clear that my comments were incomplete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin