Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,924   Posts: 1,585,008   Online: 1090

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Lens making with inorganic particles and polymer mix

This method might be the simplest method for lens maker. I found that engineers mix inorganic particles with polymer and produce high refractive index composites. I want to build a lenses similar to Holga Cinema Anamorphic lenses and i m researching a very easy to find plastic and very easy to find particles. And they might be casted by hand not pressure molder.
    Do you think glass melt in plastic like fiberglass If I make polyester / glass powder mix ?
    Second easiest plastic is acrylic . Does it work with glass powder ?
    I need your advise.
    AgX , You can make plastic molds with syringe casting instead of milling glass .

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I learned that highest refractive lens made by lead sulfide nano particles with polyethyleneoxide % 50-50 volume mix.
    I am interested in lomo not holga , i m sorry.
    There are similar plastics made with polyurethane plastics and inorganic particles. May be high refractive glass powder could be used.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin