Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,921   Posts: 1,556,583   Online: 1200

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Barry,
    the machine looks great. Can't wait to see what you make with it.
    Best,
    Tracy
    Tracy Storer
    Polaroid 20x24 Studio West
    www.mammothcamera.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you Richard:

Yes, many people get good results going that route too.

Thank you Tracy:

I can't wait either.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have had luck with using the school where they teach CNC in getting VERY cheap work done. They love to get real world jobs. I am sure there is a school like that in all parts of the world.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by barryjyoung View Post
    The CNC milling machine I have designed and built is finally finished. One last little simple task is to attach a plywood subplate to the table top which is now flat within .001 inch all over. That will be done later today.

The first fixture will be made late today or early tomorrow and the process of making film holder components will begin. Very soon now affordable film holders and film holder kits will be available to the ULF community.

I am about two years behind schedule now.
    Hi,
    That looks like a Porter Cable 690 motor? If so I am impressed that it matches the tolerances you specify for your rig.
    Celac

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pelerin View Post
    Hi,
    That looks like a Porter Cable 690 motor? If so I am impressed that it matches the tolerances you specify for your rig.
    Celac
    The roter is a Porter Cable 6902. The choice of spindle has nothing whatever to do with the precision of the guideways. The precision I referred to was in the alignment of the linear slides only. After your message I went out into the shop and measured the runout of the porter cable spindle and it was well within .0002 TIR. I guess I do not understand your question because that seems very good to me.

I use the router for its high speed. For more precision work I mount my Grizzly Minimill spindle to the Z axis. This works very well.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by barryjyoung View Post
    The roter is a Porter Cable 6902. The choice of spindle has nothing whatever to do with the precision of the guideways. The precision I referred to was in the alignment of the linear slides only. After your message I went out into the shop and measured the runout of the porter cable spindle and it was well within .0002 TIR. I guess I do not understand your question because that seems very good to me.

I use the router for its high speed. For more precision work I mount my Grizzly Minimill spindle to the Z axis. This works very well.
    Hi,
    I'm sorry to be confusing. I just thought I recognized the router and was curious if it was indeed the tool I thought it was. I don't doubt that you have carefully checked that the tool's precision is within the tolerances you need for your application. I have a 690 and my personal experience is that it is a rugged little beastie. I was just impressed that something I have used for very rough work was also capable of doing the delicate stuff.
    Celac

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pelerin View Post
    Hi,
    I'm sorry to be confusing. I just thought I recognized the router and was curious if it was indeed the tool I thought it was. I don't doubt that you have carefully checked that the tool's precision is within the tolerances you need for your application. I have a 690 and my personal experience is that it is a rugged little beastie. I was just impressed that something I have used for very rough work was also capable of doing the delicate stuff.
    Celac

Hi Celac:

The Porter Cable tools are all really good.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    35mm

cnc work

Hello,

My friend al would be more than happy to take care of your request.

tell him William sent you...

Thanks,
    Will

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This place does laser n CNC cutting of parts on large or small runs. Contact info...

http://www.automaxus.com/Contact.aspx

Give em a call?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Celac;

Another area where small production runs (even one or two) are not unknown for precision machining is in the related field of astronomy and telescopes. There are some companies who advertise in SKY & TELESCOPE and ASTRONOMY magazines. You might inquire there also.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin