Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,402   Online: 718

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow,
    I love it when a topic springs back to life. I have a customer locally who has volunteered to help me... now if I can only find where I put that drawing.
    Celac

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Just checking to see if you are still looking for a cnc shop for your needs? I know that the post is kinda old. We are a small cnc shop in Minneapolis,MN. with very competitive quotes. Any questions call 1-651-486-071. Ask for Brad. Thanks

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by buford4020 View Post
    Just checking to see if you are still looking for a cnc shop for your needs? I know that the post is kinda old. We are a small cnc shop in Minneapolis,MN. with very competitive quotes. Any questions call 1-651-486-071. Ask for Brad. Thanks

Hi, thanks for responding. Since I wrote that and got no responses at the time (everybody was busy then), I designed and built my own CNC milling machine and have since purchased a conventional lathe, horizontal milling machine, metal shaper, hrizontal band saw, and drill press. I also have the use of 7 CNC's in the college machine shop where I teach CNC Machining.

Thank you for responding though.

Barry Young
    CNC Machinist Instructor
    Bates Technical College
    Tacoma, WA
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a small CNC machine under construction at the moment - using the larger CNC machine at work to make the parts for it!

I'm glad this thread got resurrected as I don't recall seeing the image of your machine under construction when it was posted - very impressive.

Mine is only going to have about 16" x 24" of travel but I have found some very good quality linear slides from a piece of machinery at work which has been scrapped.

We are also about to scrap the oldest of our three laser cutters so I'm planning on getting the stepper motors from that.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 08-21-2012 at 01:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin