Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,903   Posts: 1,521,225   Online: 1081

Shooter
    Multi Format

Seiko SLV part needed

Does anybody have a Seikosha SLV shutter lying about? My 90mm Caltar came in one that has the shutter release bracket broken off, the shutter works perfectly otherwise, just need the little bracket (and the two screws) to repair it. My 135 Symmar is wanting to come out and play and unfortunately, I 'borrowed the #0 dialset compur for the 90.

erie

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a bagfull of shutters (!) - I'll see if I can find it, I think there's one there.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ole, it'd be a help...

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Erie,
    Just to confirm and before I dive into my small mountain of stuff: Is the SLV of the same approximate dimensions as a Copal 0, and are the thread sizes the same?

Rico

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the one that I have is a #0, dimensions identical, I'll take some pics and pm you the link, as some of the other SLV's I've seen are totally different (though that would work, if I can get it working well, as well)

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Erie,
    That's exactly why I had to ask about the specifics of your shutter. The incorrigible tinkerer that I am, I do know that not all SLV shutters are identical. Some are direct duplicates of Copal 0's, and some are not. I'll go look into what my wife affectionately refers to as "The Junkpile" and see what I can dig up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ole and dmax,

here's a few quick shots of the shutter, http://www.eriepatsellis.com/shutter/index.htm
    (I now know that my 135 f2 makes a horrible macro lens, the CA is atrocious)

erie

phh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,

I'm repairing my Kowa SIX and got to replace the retard escapement assembly. As you can see from the picture attached, the tip end (red area) is broken. So now the shutter only has one single speed. Does anyone got a spare shutter or parts to sell? I'll really appreciate that. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 384568_10150388809239633_747339632_8377004_1736419753_n.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Erie, I have an RB inoperative shutter you are welcome to?... Seiko #1 in RBs similar to your pic.

BTW I did manage to get another shutter working using the parts you sent. Thanks!
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin