Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,373   Online: 732

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

New 8 x 20 camera

I've finished building my 8 x 20 camera and have put together a journal of the process complete with photos, drawings, and text. If you're interested, I have the journal listed in the Classifieds section.

Thanks,
    Dan Dozer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM000782.JPG  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'll take two!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    I've finished building my 8 x 20 camera and have put together a journal of the process complete with photos, drawings, and text. If you're interested, I have the journal listed in the Classifieds section.

Thanks,
    Dan Dozer
    That is a beauty - congratulations. I only wish my craftsman skills were up to the job.

Mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike, if I can build a 8x20 in my apartment mainly with hand tools it can be done by just about anyone with decent skills. Sure you need tools, but most importantly you need the motivation to take on a task like this. I have seen some of Dan's book and most importantly I've seen his camera and it is a beauty. If you take your time you can build a 8x20. I'm still working on my bellows after 1 1/2 years. It will be finished this summer.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Mike, if I can build a 8x20 in my apartment mainly with hand tools it can be done by just about anyone with decent skills. Sure you need tools, but most importantly you need the motivation to take on a task like this. I have seen some of Dan's book and most importantly I've seen his camera and it is a beauty. If you take your time you can build a 8x20. I'm still working on my bellows after 1 1/2 years. It will be finished this summer.

Jim
    Jim:

I appreciate your encouragement - but when it comes to wood working and hand tools I am a complete and utter clutz. I have problems even with something as simple as nailing two pieces of wood together; and don't ask me about by experiences with a saw, pencil, tape measure and a chair with 4 uneven legs:rolleyes:

Mike

Mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike, I feel your pain! Now just save some serious $$$$ and you can have your very own 7x17, 8x20, or 12x20! The panoramic format is very nice. Everyone should have one!

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo

@ dan:

a very nice work. (please a bigger photo)
    i have learned to work with wood and i know what i am talking about.

greets

thomas

ps sorry my english ist not so fine and i don´t understand : (I have the journal listed in the Classifieds section) i dont know where to "klick". to find it. and i like to read it
    thanks for helping

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pcyco View Post
    hallo

@ dan:

a very nice work. (please a bigger photo)
    i have learned to work with wood and i know what i am talking about.

greets

thomas

ps sorry my english ist not so fine and i don´t understand : (I have the journal listed in the Classifieds section) i dont know where to "klick". to find it. and i like to read it
    thanks for helping
    Thomas,

At the top of the APUG page, you will find the section named Classifieds. If you click on that you will see where everything is for sale and can find my advertisement.

Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    Thomas,

At the top of the APUG page, you will find the section named Classifieds. If you click on that you will see where everything is for sale and can find my advertisement.

Dan
    Sorry Thomas - I forgot to add that it is listed in the section for "buy cameras and lenses".

Dan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    Jim:

I appreciate your encouragement - but when it comes to wood working and hand tools I am a complete and utter clutz. I have problems even with something as simple as nailing two pieces of wood together; and don't ask me about by experiences with a saw, pencil, tape measure and a chair with 4 uneven legs:rolleyes:

Mike

Mike
    Mike, we were all that way when we started. The thing is to get some cheap (Free is the best way) wood and some OLD I say again OLD hand tools and learn to sharpen them yourself by reading books on sharpening. Watch the Woodwright shop with Roy Underhill. Roy can teach you how to saw, plane and pare wood to perfection. Read books, seek out the old tool users (we are often called Galoots). Learn by doing, failing, analyzing why you failed and then doing again using that analysis. You CAN do this thing if you want it enough.

Barry Young
    Young Camera Company
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin