Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,801   Online: 814

Shooter
    Large Format

Hassy SWC/M repair or CLA

Does anyone know how difficult and/or expensive it is to get a Hasselblad SWC/M repaired, or to get a CLA for one? I'm talking about a 1960s body, with a non-T* lens, if that helps. Are replacement parts still available, or can they be machined? Any names or shops you can recommend? Thanks.

mcd

Shooter
    4x5 Format

SWC/M repair

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lopez View Post
    Does anyone know how difficult and/or expensive it is to get a Hasselblad SWC/M repaired, or to get a CLA for one? I'm talking about a 1960s body, with a non-T* lens, if that helps. Are replacement parts still available, or can they be machined? Any names or shops you can recommend? Thanks.
    I had my 1970's SWC/M (with the c type lens) overhauled at Hasselblad in New Jersey in 2003. At that time they told me that they had plenty of repair parts, except for outer cosmetic parts for the chrome c type lenses. Service was affordable, I think it was around 300 bucks give or take, and perfect. Good Luck.

Isn't the SWC a great camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Samys Camera in Los Angeles California has a trained Hasselblad technician at the Fairfax store. He has done some work for me and he is very good.

Also I suggest you contact David Odess who is a factory trained Hasselblad technician. He has been highly recommended to me and he has a site at www.david-odess.com

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll second David Odess. He CLA'd and made some minor repairs to my SWC/M (a little newer than yours, but not by much), and an A12 back I dropped. Everything looks, feels and sounds like new, except the metal I scraped. And he was a pleasure to deal with. I'll definitely be using him again. Very fair price for the amount of work done.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin