Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,065   Online: 1123

Shooter
    35mm

Stuck Lens!!! HELP!!!

All right, so I have a Canon AE-1 Program and I found an old lens that would fit the camera. I don't know what brand of lens it is, because it has nothing written on it telling me the brand. All it says is it's a 28-70mm. It has a bayonet style locking ring. So I put the lens on my camera, lock the ring, but the ring never locked snugly in place, it just locks and then spins a quarter circle back and forth when I try to unlock it. So now it is stuck to my camera body with no desire to come off. I've tried unassembling the lens so it's down to just the apeture ring and the locking ring, but I still can't figure out how to get to the locking mechanism. I don't know if there is any kind of "emergency release" or something for the bayonet mounts or not. I'm looking for a cheapish solution for my problem...
    Anyone have any ideas/thoughts/hopes?
    Please help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If there is a camera technician close by go to him. Other wise you my have to send it to a camera repair shop.
    It's not the camera......

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin