Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,082   Online: 909

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Both www.microfasteners.com and www.micromark.com have those tiny wood screws (#0 and up)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by disfromage View Post
    Frank, try here: http://tinyurl.com/2xtmdc More what you're looking for?

Richard W
    Thanks, that was good. I am definately bookmarking these sites for future reference. They don't show pictures of some of their products though. I will order a catalog to see if they do there.
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post
    Both www.microfasteners.com and www.micromark.com have those tiny wood screws (#0 and up)
    Another good link, thanks.

Does anyone know what the diameter of a #0 wood screw is?
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any hobby shop that sells model airplanes, cars or trains carries a stock of both English and Metric screws, washers, bolts and rivets along with a lot of oddball things you would never imagine.

Try www.walthers.com

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I might add that Walthers sells both wood and metal screws and fasteners and the drills, taps and dies for these tiny sizes down to 0090.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Any hobby shop that sells model airplanes, cars or trains carries a stock of both English and Metric screws, washers, bolts and rivets along with a lot of oddball things you would never imagine.

Try www.walthers.com

PE
    Aha! It looks like a #0 wood screw is .060" in diameter. These might be the wood screws I am looking for.

My local hobby shop did not carry those however. Thanks for that link.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good.

Walthers is a nationally known company with a very good reputation in the US for over 50 years. You can rely on them. They are well known in the hobby industry and have over 8 pages of screws alone.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used to get the Walthers catalog when I was a kid and working with scale model trains. It is nice to know the hobby is thriving.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank R View Post
    I used to get the Walthers catalog when I was a kid and working with scale model trains. It is nice to know the hobby is thriving.
    Look at the train photo in my gallery. I have a few of them yet to post.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Micro fasteners has a lot more than they list on the web site. Things like the #0000 screws and some oddball tiny metric stuff. I forget what the smallest wood screw is though. I've ordered from them a few times, and it's always really fast.

Also, most hobby stores are super expensive for a package of screws, they are normally my last resort.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin