Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,978   Online: 883

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The following formula will give the nominal dia of normal screws.

.060 + (.013 x scr no.) = nominal diameter of number sized screws.

This makes it easy to know screw sizes- no chart necessary.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Other good sources are:
    MSC Industrial Supply Co. link: http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm
    Nutty Company Online Fastener Store link: http://www.nutty.com/
    It's not the camera......

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by disfromage View Post
    Go to: www.mcmastercarr.com and use their search function. They have tubular rivets and wood screws as small as #2. I didn't look, but they probably have the escutheon pins too. In my experience, if Mcmaster doesn't have it I don't need it. They are wonderful to deal with also.

Richard Wasserman
    Thanks for the great thread and this link!

I just ordered some #2 brass screws I had been looking for. The packs of 100 were amost the same price as the other screws (pack of 5) I bought from Home Depot. If anyone needs some of these let me know and I'll send some along. There's no way I'll ever use the 95 I have left

Alan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Depending on what size you needed, I might have been able to save you the trouble. I think my brass #2 is 1/4 inch, which is about 1.5 turns aroud the shaft. They still hold pretty well if you counter sink the heads.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Turns out McMasters is very close to where I live. They were waiting for me when I got home. I've heard of same day shipping but this was same day delivery!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to be a good customer of Mcmaster Carr's. My business was located about 20 miles from their warehouse and I could depend on them to deliver my orders by 3:00 if I placed them by 11:00 in the morning. They are the most effecient company I have ever dealt with as well as very helpful and pleasant. I once orderd 1 plastic bucket, but someone at their end decided I really needed 1000 of them-that's another story...

Richard Wasserman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin