Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,248   Online: 800

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Source for Tiny Rivets, Wood Screws, and Nails

I am looking for a source for small tubular rivets that were used on old cameras. I tried smallparts.com but all they had were solid copper rivets.

I am also looking for a source for the tiny wood screws and nails (escutcheon pins) used on old wood cameras.

Any ideas?
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Frank,
    if the rivets can be solid aluminum rivets, Wick's and Aircraft Spruce would have -3 rivets (3/32 dia) and a limited range of -2 (1/16 dia).

same sources may have smaller screws and nails, but I'd try to find any other source first. (aircraft related bits aren't exactly cheap)

Out of curiosity, have you tried McMaster?

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where are you ? Lee Valley I think has everything but the rivets.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    Where are you ? Lee Valley I think has everything but the rivets.
    Thanks, Lee Valley will do for the escutcheon pins. The wood screws I have removed from old cameras are far smaller and finer than what they have available though.
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about a hobby shop for the model airplane/ railroad crowd? They often have tiny fasteners.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you tried McMaster?
    Thanks, it looks like they have smaller tubular rivets.

Now, if I could just find a source for those really cool tiny wood screws...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    How about a hobby shop for the model airplane/ railroad crowd? They often have tiny fasteners.
    Tried them yesterday. Good for small bolts and nuts but not what I am looking for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go to: www.mcmastercarr.com and use their search function. They have tubular rivets and wood screws as small as #2. I didn't look, but they probably have the escutheon pins too. In my experience, if Mcmaster doesn't have it I don't need it. They are wonderful to deal with also.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by disfromage View Post
    Go to: www.mcmastercarr.com and use their search function. They have tubular rivets and wood screws as small as #2. I didn't look, but they probably have the escutheon pins too. In my experience, if Mcmaster doesn't have it I don't need it. They are wonderful to deal with also.

Richard Wasserman
    They sure are good, I found some stuff there.

But the small wood screws are too fat. I should upload a photo of what I am looking for compared to what is available out there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Frank, try here: http://tinyurl.com/2xtmdc More what you're looking for?

Richard W

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin